Growing 3 times faster than industry, Honda is leading this two-wheeler demand
2Wheeler demand in Odisha grows at 13% which is nearly double the Industry growth of 7%*
Gaining maximum trust, Honda’s market share increases to 28%
Increased adoption of scooters in Odisha -> Scooter purchase is grown faster than India by 25%
Led by Honda’s Activa, now every second scooter customer in Odisha is buying a Honda
Record sales make Honda gain HIGHEST market share (triple) & customer trust in Odisha in 6 yrs
Entering 2017 with a bang, Honda has created a new record of ITS HIGHEST EVER SALES IN ODISHA with nearly 50,000 units (48,482 units) in April-June 2017-18. Demand for Honda two-wheelers has increased 6.5 times in last 6 years.
NEW RECORD: Honda’s growth makes Odisha one of the fastest growing state of India
In 6 years, Honda’s two-wheeler sales have grown by 37% which is nearly thrice the 13% two-wheeler industry growth in Odisha.
BIG SHIFT IN DEMAND TREND: Honda is leading scooterization trend in Odisha
Historically, scooter sales have high correlation with income level and development. The scooter contribution to overall sales is higher in progressive states of the country.
The increasing adoption of scooters for commuting is an indicator of the development of Odisha state where riders are choosing convenience over just practicality. What is most significant is that customers in India’s 11th biggest motorcycle market of Odisha are now buying scooters.
Sharing on how Honda is driving the biggest trend of scooterization in Odisha, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President – Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, said, “Honda’s progression in Odisha can be attributed to increasing customer trust in the brand and aggressive network expansion. To meet demand, we are aggressively increasing our production capacity, launching new models while penetrating our network deeper into the hinterlands. In Odisha, demand for scooters is growing by 25% which is nearly three times the motorcycle industry growth and Honda is leading this scooterization of Odisha. We are delighted that every second scooter customer is now buying Honda’s scooter for their daily commute. We are confident that Honda 2 wheelers will continue its sales momentum with a new record festival sales in Odisha.”
Honda’s plans for FY’2017-18
• New Model Launches: After the recent introduction of 2 new models – the most recent 110cc scooter CLIQ and Africa twin (Honda’s 1000cc Make in India adventure tourer), Honda will continue to surprise its customers in Odisha. The Company will launch 2 new models in the coming months of this year.
• Network expansion: As a next step to further strengthen its leadership and reach closer to the doorstep of its customers in Odisha, Honda will expand its network by adding 20 new touch points in just one year with 70% of new network will be rural centric.
Honda announces big savings up to Rs. 7,500 this festive season
Making this festival season even more joyful for its valued customers in Odisha, Honda 2Wheelers India has announced 3 special festive schemes & offers valid till October 31, 2017. These include:
• Attractive benefit up to Rs 7,500 on purchase of any Honda two-wheeler model on retail finance with very low rate of interest, zero processing fee and zero documentation charge.
• Direct cash benefit of Rs 2,000 only for Government & PSU employees on any Honda motorcycle and NAVi.
• Additionally, Honda is also giving limited period exchange benefit of Rs. 1,000 to pre-owned customers on exchange of existing two-wheeler with any Honda two-wheeler model only at Honda’s pre-owned Best Deal outlets across Odisha. Honda is the only two-wheeler manufacturer in India to sell completely refurbished pre-owned two-wheeler models under its Best Deal outlets.