Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik chaired Odisha Cabinet meeting on Monday where several crucial decisions for welfare of people, development of industries and other sectors were taken.
Decks have been cleared for implementation of Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana, the flagship scheme for providing education loans at 1% to students pursuing higher education. The family income eligibility criteria has been raised to ₹6 lakh per annum.
Several other key decisions including amendment of laws were taken in the meeting. Some of the major decisions taken :
• Odisha Mineral Exploration Corporation Ltd. to be set up by Odisha Mining Corporation (OMC) for upscaling mineral exploration activities in Odisha
• Modification of Long-Term Linkage Policy for iron and chrome ore allowing OMC to sell minerals to eligible end-user industries.
• Relaxation of National Food Security Act (NFSA) norms for issue of ration cards to beneficiaries of Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana, Indira Awas Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
• Amendment of Odisha PDS (Control) Order 2016 offering amnesty till September 30 to ineligible NFSA enrolled beneficiaries for returning their ration cards.
• Implementation of Odisha Official Language (Amendment Act), 2016 towards institutionalizing Odia as official language of the State.
• Amendment of Odisha Electricity (Duty) Act 1961 for better administration, addressing genuine concerns of different classes of consumers and strengthening recovery of arrears from defaulters.
• Amendment of Odisha State Prosecution Service Rules, 1997, to enable persons with disabilities to compete for posts of Prosecutors in different ranks, thereby ensuring equal opportunity for all.
• Amendment of Odisha Gram Panchayats Act to include Sarpanch seats in the rotation of Reservations at every General election as done with Ward Member, Panchayat Samiti and Zilla Parishad.
• Amendment of Industry Policy Resolution-2015 to address some remaining gaps and concerns of industries in terms of incentives and facilitation services.
• Land facilitation for establishment of Skill Development Institute by Indian Oil Corporation in Bhubaneswar and State Institute of Hotel Management at Balangir.
• Framing of Odisha Public Libraries Rules, 2016 to provide for a comprehensive Rural and Urban Library service.